Your trusted heating and cooling contractor in Berrien and Cass Counties – Call us today!
» What Are Common Air Conditioner And Heater Issues To Troubleshoot Before Calling?
- When facing AC or heater issues, here are a few troubleshooting tips to consider before calling an HVAC professional.
- Confirm that the thermostat is working and that it’s correctly set.
- If you have a gas furnace, make sure the gas hasn’t been terminated.
- Check the power supply and circuit breaker.
- Check for freezing or obstructing units.
» What Does A SEER Rating Mean?
- SEER stands for Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio. It’s an air conditioner’s cooling output divided by the energy input, for a typical season. Generally, a higher SEER rating means better energy efficiency.
» When Is A Ductless Mini-Split System Is The Right Option?
- Certain areas of your home, such as an addition or garage, may require heating and cooling, but they’re not connected to the central HVAC system. If that’s the case, a ductless mini-split can be a viable option. A mini-split system might also serve your needs well if someone in your home suffers from allergies or you want to heat or cool individual spaces in your home.
» How Do I Choose The Right Size Unit For My Home?
- There are several factors involved in choosing the right size HVAC system for your home, but your installer will need to calculate how much heating and cooling capacity your unit must have to keep your home comfortable – the load of the home. The load of the home partly depends upon the home’s size; orientation of the sun; thermal efficiency; climate; number, size, and placement of rooms/windows, etc.
» Why Do I Have To Change My Filter Regularly?
- Clogged air filters are the leading cause of HVAC system failure. All the air your HVAC system handles passes through the air filter. As the filter catches dust, mold, pet dander, fungal spores, fabric fibers, etc. – the fine mesh through which air passes becomes denser. So, if you don’t change the filter regularly, the clogged filter restricts proper airflow and forces the unit to work harder.
» What’s Considered Good Indoor Air Quality (IAQ)?
- The qualities of good IAQ include comfortable temperature and relative humidity, adequate distribution of ventilation air, and controlled airborne contaminants.
» What Are The Benefits Of A Smart Home Thermostat?
- Smart thermostats are environmentally friendly and help save significant amounts of energy. These devices can learn your heating and cooling preferences and adjust accordingly. You can also remotely access a smart thermostat from anywhere, whether you’re home or away.
If you have any questions about your heating and cooling system, contact the experts at AirLux Heating & Cooling. Our friendly team is always happy to answer your questions. Call us today at 269-684-5196 to speak to our experts or schedule service in the Niles, MI area.