High humidity can do much more than just make your home feel hotter and muggy. It can also lead to mold and mildew growth and make your AC work harder—that means higher utility bills. At AirLux Heating & Cooling, we understand the problems high humidity can create. That’s why we offer reliable AC dehumidifier installation, repair, and maintenance.
We’ve served Niles, MI, and the surrounding communities for years and are committed to delivering nothing less than the best service, rates, and results. We stand behind our work with a three-year labor warranty and deliver white-glove service with no mess left behind. Get in touch with our team today.
Installing a dehumidifier is an excellent way to improve your indoor air quality—but there’s more you can do. Check out our comprehensive air quality services.
Does Your Home Need A Dehumidifier?
While most homes can benefit from a dehumidifier in the summer months, there are some signs you can watch out for that suggest you need to lower your humidity now to prevent damage to your home and potentially even your health:
- Condensation on windows or near your ceiling line
- Musty smells
- Mold or mildew growth problems
- Unusually high utility bills
If you suspect you may have a humidity problem, the easiest way to confirm that is with a hygrometer. You can purchase one for under $10 at most department stores. As humidity tends to fluctuate during the day and with the outdoor temperatures, we recommend monitoring your levels for about a week. They should range between 40 and 60%.
The Many Benefits Of Dehumidifier Installation
Installing a dehumidifier, especially an air conditioner dehumidifier that will lower humidity levels in your entire home, can offer a lengthy list of benefits, such as:
- Promotes better hair and skin health: High humidity can lead to frizzy hair and clammy, sweaty skin, which may cause acne.
- Reduces the risk of mold: While every home has mold spores, they need high moisture levels to thrive.
- Prolongs the life of your windows: Constant moisture can damage your window sills, particularly older wood windows.
- Protects your electronics and wiring: Extremely high humidity can affect your phone and internet jacks and damage delicate electronics.
- Improves air conditioner performance: High humidity can counteract the effects of air conditioning. Air conditioners do actually remove some humidity, but they can’t do so as efficiently as a dehumidifier.
Our team will take the time to fully understand your humidity issues and come up with an option that meets your budget. We only work with the industry’s best brands, such as Aprilaire and Honeywell, to deliver dehumidification systems that stand the test of time. Whether you need a whole-home AC dehumidifier or a portable one-room solution, you can count on our team at AirLux Heating & Cooling.
Interested in whole-home dehumidification but don’t have an AC? Not a problem! We also offer top-tier air conditioner installation in Niles.
Need Repairs? Common Dehumidifier Problems
While most dehumidifiers are relatively low maintenance, even the best systems break down from time to time. We’re happy to come to inspect your unit and handle any necessary repairs, but there is a bit of troubleshooting you can do first:
- Make sure the unit has power and is turned on (it's plugged in and the breaker isn't tripped).
- Verify that the humidistat is set between 50 and 60%.
- Check if the reservoir is full if you don’t have a self-draining system.
If you still can’t get your dehumidifier to work or it makes weird sounds, reach out to our team to schedule repairs. We also offer reliable AC and dehumidifier maintenance to help prevent problems before they start.