Is your air conditioner blowing lukewarm air? If so, you may have a refrigerant leak, and that’s not a repair you want to put off. Freon, the refrigerant in most AC units, is toxic and poses serious health risks. Get in touch with our team at AirLux Heating & Cooling as soon as possible.
We offer fast refrigerant leak repair and freon recharge services in Niles, MI, and the surrounding area. Our licensed AC experts have the experience and tools to get your air conditioning back up and running quickly and safely.
Catch refrigerant leaks and other air conditioner problems early—or prevent them entirely—with our quality AC maintenance services.
Signs That You Have An Air Conditioner Refrigerant Leak
As refrigerant is necessary for your AC to produce cool air, the most common sign of low refrigerant is, as mentioned, warm airflow. However, you may notice some other issues as well:
- Hissing or bubbling sounds: You may hear noises from the evaporator coil where the refrigerant is leaking.
- Ice build-up on the evaporator coil: If the evaporator coil isn’t effectively absorbing heat, it may freeze as a result of condensation in the unit.
- Humid indoor air: As your AC cools air, it also removes humidity. When your unit has a refrigerant leak, its ability to dehumidify is just as compromised as its cooling ability.
- Elevated energy bills: The longer cooling cycles and overall inefficiency caused by low refrigerant may result in higher utility bills.
If you notice any of the signs above, give us a call for a full AC inspection, leak repair, and freon replacement service.
What Causes AC Refrigerant Leaks?
Understanding the causes of freon leaks can help you prevent them in the future and take proactive action. Some of the most common causes we see here in Niles include:
- Improper AC installation
- Wear and tear
- Factory defects
- Weakened connections and joints in the system
Considering upgrading your air conditioner? Get in touch with us today for professional AC installation services.
How To Prevent AC Refrigerant Leaks
Besides being a sign of a serious problem, large refrigerant leaks can be harmful to you, your pets, and the environment. The best way to prevent refrigerant leaks is to schedule regular AC tune-ups. Our professional AC contractors can identify the early warning signs of a leak and resolve the issue before it affects your cooling system or safety.
All our services—from installation to repair—come with a three-year warranty and white-glove service. You can count on us to keep your air conditioner running at peak performance.